Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jody Foster wants to take a break from acting and Direct

Im now on the directorial reigns on the upcoming Mel Gibson drama, The Beaver, has revealed that she wants to give up acting for good, and has even signed on to direct a new science fiction film! She explains:"I've reached that point where I don't want to act very much anymore. I am much more interested in holding off on acting, after 45 years as an actor. It's a ong period of time to do the same thing.[Her new science fiction project] There's a family element to it, but it's much more a genre movie. I'd like to do that because that's a world I live in as an actor but I've never really gone to as a director. It's not anywhere close to being ready. [I don't write], so that always puts me at the mercy of some enormous talent that comes out of the woodwork that somehow has the same obsessions as me." Well, seeing as she's set to appear in the film Elysium, we're relieved to know she's not giving up acting all-together, but think t's great that she's continuing to expand beyond her comfort zone and direct a genre piece! Keep up the good work, gurl! We're excited to see your career progress down this path!


No comments:

Post a Comment