Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kim Kardashian talks about her musical inspiration



When it was first announced that Kim Kardashian was working with producer The-Dream on some new music, everyone wondered what made Kim decide to pursue a singing career.

During a recent conversation with MTV, Kim shed some light on the inspiration behind "Turn It Up.".

"Basically, Ciara came to me and was like, 'You gotta meet The-Dream', and I had a meeting with him," Kim said "I was not into doing a song -- I thought,'everyone kind of tries that and it doesn't work out so well.'" So I talked to a few of my friends, Kanye [West] and a few of my other musical friends. They gave me good advice. [They said] "come have fun with us, don't think too much about it.'"

Initially it was thought Kim would be recording a whole cd, but for now that's not the case. The song was actually recorded for the new "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" reality show.

"There's no album in the works or anything, it's just one song that we did for the show... A video that Hype Williams directed and half of the proceeds we're giving away to a cancer foundation because The-Dream and one of my parents passed away from cancer. So it's all just having fun." Kim said.

No comments:

Post a Comment