Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jennifer Anniston says I Hated 'The Rachel'



Remember The Rachel? If you're female, and were around in the '90s, then of course you do. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didn't: OnJennifer Aniston, who originated the iconic layered 'do, the style looked fantastic; on our teenage self, it looked like a hideous grown-out mullet. But, oh, get this: Aniston hated it too!

"I love (my hairstylist) Chris, and he's the bane of my existence at the same time because he started that damn Rachel, which was not my best look," she reveals in the February issue of Allure. "How do I say this? I think it was the ugliest haircut I've ever seen."

And yet, Aniston has stuck by her stylist -- Chris McMillan -- ever since. That's loyalty. He's redeemed himself by tending to the actress' trademark golden mane, which always looks perfect (if not boring). McMillan switched things up for Allure, however, giving the actress clip-on bangs for a retro sex-kitten look. Of course, the yoga-toned, clothing minimalist could not resistgoing topless for the photoshoot.



Aniston has been refreshingly open and feisty these days: She tells the magazine she'd be a party planner if she wasn't an actress ("I'm a good mixologist in terms of personality types. I love bringing the right chemistry of people into the room"). She snipes that NBC "used to be really cool" back in the day, when she andGeorge Clooney dominated the primetime Thursday schedule with "Friends" and "ER." Also, she's become good friends with Chelsea Handler, who is probably writing a terrible joke aboutAngelina Jolie right now. (Guilty by association, Jen.)

"I'm actually comfortable in goofdom," Aniston says. "Not taking myself seriously is one of my favorite things to do, because I don't. Ever."

Now that Sandra Bullock has usurped her America's Sweetheart title, it seems like Aniston is finally breaking free from her girl-next-door, unhappy single-lady image and letting her hair down -- in a good way.

courtesy of OMG Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment