50 Cent Says He Shut Down WorldStarHipHop, Q says not true
UPDATE XXL REPORTS:
Popular rap Web site worldstarhiphop.com got shut down earlier today (January 24), and 50 Cent took to his Twitter account to say he’s responsible.
“I don’t know why people underestimate me,” Fif wrote. “I just shut down WORLDSTAR for future advertising contact thisis50.com suckers lol. I put worldstar to bed, you don’t believe try me I will shut your sh*t down. I predict 2 more web sites will shut down this week. Take a guess who they are. I’m sick of the hate I’m to strong.”
“I want to thank [H]oward [G]ordon and the good folks over at homeland [security],” he added.
The G-Unit General took to the airwaves just minutes ago to speak more on his move against World Star. “They’ve been put to bed as we speak,” he told Hot 97 personality Angie Martinez. “When you destroy you should destroy completely. That’s one of the laws,” he continued, referencing his book The 50th Law.
As previously reported, 50 filed a lawsuit against the site in November 2009 for unauthorized usage of his image plastered across their homepage. He claims that the photo is misleading, causing many visitors to think that he owns the site.”
The hip-hop mogul told Martinez that the case is expected to go to court in two weeks.
World Star Hip Hop CEO, Q, also spoke with Martinez, denying that the Queens rap powerhouse or Homeland Security had anything to do with his site being shut down. ”It’s a technical difficulty,” he said. “We’ve been down before.” Q said the site should be up and running shortly.